CoD 2021: all leaks, rumors, release date, setting
Most likely, Call of Duty 2021 will be released in November, as almost all previous installments were released in this month.
Rumors about World War II
Many leaks suggest that this installment will unfold either in an alternative universe where World War II did not end, or with a focus on the traditional setting of World War II.
Despite the game being released in November, the Warzone update will most likely only be released in the spring of next year.
Sledgehammer Games will lead the development process of CoD 2021.
The last four CoD games were developed by the following studios:
- Black Ops 4: Treyarch
- Modern Warfare: Infinity Ward
- Warzone: Infinity Ward / Raven Software
Sledgehammer Games and Raven were involved in the development of Black Ops Cold War, but due to disagreements, Treyarch took on the leading role – which is why the online mode in Cold War is significantly inferior to Modern Warfare.
- 8 maps at launch
- Ground War, more similar to the mode in MW19 than boots on the ground in WW2
- The Headquarters will return, in a redesigned version. The Headquarters in WW2 was a social space where various activities could be done between games.
- Treyarch is not developing zombies, but they are writing the story and creating Easter eggs