Heavy tanks of the 7th tier can vary significantly in characteristics and ease of control. Today, we’ve compiled a list of the top 8 tanks from different nations.
- IS – it’s one of the heaviest tanks due to its gun, speed, and decent armor. Weakly armored areas are the lower hull and commander’s turret. When aiming at the side, it’s better to target the rear part;
- KV-3 stands out with excellent all-around armor, great maneuverability, and a powerful gun. If the KV is facing you, it’s best to aim at the lower hull. If the opponent is skillful and has the turret angled, you should aim for the center of the commander’s hatch;
- Tiger 1 – it’s a tank that boasts excellent hull armor and quality screens on the turret. When the Tiger is facing you, aim for the turret roof, but avoid hitting the gun mantlet. If the tank is positioned sideways, it’s advisable to aim for the orange area on the armor scheme, as that’s where the fuel tank and engine are located;
- Tiger (P) is a tank with significantly less armor than the previously mentioned Tiger. When encountering an opponent, it’s best to shoot at the lower glacis plate or the rear part;
- T29 tank has a solid turret that many struggle to penetrate. If the gun is exposed, it’s worth shooting at the machine gun. The best choice would be hitting the commander’s hatch;
- IS-2 is distinguished by its unique armor, but when it rotates its hull, it becomes nearly impenetrable. It’s best to shoot at the cheeks or lower glacis plate, as those areas have less armor, making it an advantageous choice. Hitting the rear of the tank may lead to it catching fire;
- AMX M4 mle. 45 – this tank is in pretty good shape. It doesn’t have much armor, but it has a large turret. The weakest zones are the hatch and the viewfinder module;
- Churchill VII doesn’t have armor like the French tank, and there are no strong points on the front. It’s better to shoot at the viewfinder module or the driver’s frontal armor.
In conclusion, heavy tanks play a significant role in a team’s firepower. They come with their advantages and disadvantages.